Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The difference a year makes...

Well... crap. The first week of August is already over, and in just a short while, I'll be back to the oh-so-exciting life of a college student.

Pros: Living on my own, San Francisco is gorgeous, I get to meet new people, learning, moving into my apartment, no curfew, total freedom.
Yeah.  My city. 

Cons: School, leaving my friends.

Huh.  looks like the cons have it.

As summer draws to a close, I can't help but think about how crazy the last few months have been, and how much has changed in the last year.

Summer of 2011 can be characterized as follows:
Graduation
Friends
Adventure

Love
Memories. 
Now, Summer 2012 goes more like this:

Fuckery

Duckface Fuckery

Classy fuckery

Concert fuckery

Swing fuckery

Late-night fuckery.

Well, we've matured. 
One of my biggest fears about leaving for college was that I was going to lose my friends.  I was entirely certain that most of us would never see, or speak to each other again.  It's safe to say that (thankfully) I was wrong.  Very wrong.  In a weird way, I feel as though your true friends are the ones that you can separate yourself from for a month, or a semester, or even a year at a time.  Sure there are some people I'm not as close with, and I've lost touch with some friends, but the ones I still have are the ones who mean the most to me.  They're the ones who will give me a harsh dose of reality, a swift kick in the pants, or a hug, as needed. I love them.  They're my brothers and sisters.  And, above all, they're more than enough. Don't worry about losing your friends once school starts- look forward to gaining a family. 

Good luck guys! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment