Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Allow me to introduce myself....


huh.  Somehow I made it.  One year done, 3 to go.  Almost time to go back to school.  I've decided to chronical the remainder of my journey, in the hopes that some of you find it helpful, relate-able, or, at the very least, mildly entertaining.

Regular postings to come.

First, let's get some of the basic information out of the way, shall we?

what do you look like? Behold:
Hell yes that's an 80's sweater. 


Age-    18.  Too old to eat Popsicles in public without being dirty, too young to drink.  Truly, the worst of all ages.

Height-
 Slightly taller than the average midget.  Or "little person" as I hear is PC. (5'1'', if you MUST know)

Music-
 yes, please.  I'm a fan of anything that isn't country, pop, or rap.  This ranges from techno (think more Basshunter, less DDR), Industrial (Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails), Goth (Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus), Alternative (Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, AFI), Punk (New and old- actually, mostly old- The Clash, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Adicts), to anything awesome (The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, Manic Street Preachers, Radiohead)

Movies-
 Eh... Sometimes.  I'm a Kubrick fan, so "A Clockwork Orange", "The Shining" and "2001 A Space Odyssey".  "28 Days Later", "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street", "The Crow", and The Lord Of The Rings movies were good.  My main staples are old, cheesey horror movies- the kind that Elvira used to play.  My personal favorite? "The Blob".  People are terrified of a giant glob of Jello.  Sound awesome? It is.

Favorite Animal:
Everyone, meet Anakin, my Bengal and the best cat ever. EVER.

TV-
 It's okay.  I like Breaking Bad, anime, and those History Channel documentaries- the ones about people buried in walls, Jack the Ripper, and how Elvis is actually alive and DJ ing in Florida.  Oh, and Doctor Who.  I love me some time lord.

Books:
 Poetry, and lots of it- Keats, Yeats, Wordsworth, Tennyson, Browning, Arnold.  Pretty much anything from more than 50 years ago.  As for actual novels, i have a soft spot for Oscar Wilde, Stephen King, and Cormac McCarthy.

Fashion-
 I love clothes.  I'd say that my style falls somewhere between Victorian gothic, emo chick, and 80's punk.  I live for shoes.  The higher the heel, the more I want it- though I will readily admit that I have an addiction to Doc Marten's and black Converse.

What are you wearing right now?
Purple top, denim cutoffs, vintage  karmann ghia badge (from a yard sale, bitches), friendship necklace.

What can I expect from your blog?
 Musings on life, advice from experiences, Rants on music, and the occasional makeup or fashion tutorial.


Are you crazy?
 Probably.  But, then again, aren't we all?

2 comments: